Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Post Which Satisfies All Desire Within...

Imagine you are standing on the waterline of a perfect beach (ahh, yesss..). White sands, warm sun, beach towel, that spray-on, non-greasy sunscreen (spf. 30 or higher, please!)... and the beautiful ocean reflecting that glorious sunlight. We all know that feeling when a wave begins far off-shore, and one simply must follow THAT wave as it rolls along towards the beach. Anticipation builds, the watcher [you] becomes gleefully anxious as you wait for the relaxing swell to break, and finally -- alas! -- the wave overpowers itself and spills over, washing up, up, up to splash against your toes.

That, in essence, is this blog.

You see, I have been inspired. I have been religiously reading my sister's blog and, as a result of such action, have been feeling the swell of creativity for quite some time now. This initial post is the breaking of that swell as I succumb to my desire, the continued posts will be the water washing up, up, up, and you, my readers.. Yes. You are the toes. The toes upon which I will spill my thoughts.

In my sister's blog, she uses such creative names for people, and this, my friends, is what I am most excited about. However, for ease of reading for our family members, I think I'll keep it simple and use the same blognames for family members. I feel slightly lame mooching off of her brilliance, but then again.. imitation is a form of flattery, right? As for my sister, who has creatively blognamed herself Damsel, I believe I will call her Achoo (pronounced AH-choo, mkay?) in honor of our shared history in which I affectionately dubbed her Achoo at age 2.

Following her example, my other sister will be Beezneez [because I feel the same way about her, Achoo], and the only blood-brother will be MusicMan [for a compound word could never fully represent my brother more appropriately.. except TeddyBear, maybe.. however, I fear he would reject that one.] Continuing, I feel I must re-name my Brother-In-Law since I renamed Damsel. Continuing to call him Knight just won't cut it. Thus, he shall affectionately be known as TheOtherBrother (TOB), for I have grown to love him dearly as a brother. Mom and Dad -- sorry. You're stuck with the same ol' names you've had all along. Don't worry. I love you two mostest of all first. :]


Disclaimer: ::raises right hand:: I make no promise to successfully publish each day, for it is my senior summer, and my life is not busy enough to require posts per diem. Furthermore, in the fall when my life DOES become busy enough to warrant daily postings, I will, in fact, be busy, therefore I will not expect to have the amount time to offer to this blog as I would hope. ::lowers hand::

Savvy?


And so it begins...



Edit: I changed my mind. Take that.

Achoo will remain Damsel, for it IS her commenting insignia. And if there is a Damsel, there must be a Knight. So we have Damsel, Knight, and Jet breaking through the labels I so carelessly slapped upon them without considering their true and inner identities as posted in Damsel's blog.

I'm a drama queen. Truth is, I'm lazy, and I know Damsel's and my mutual readers will appreciate the simplicity and co-ordination of our blogs.

You will, always and forever, be my Achoo.

4 comments:

Damsel said...

"The toes upon which I will spill my thoughts." BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Can I be a french-manicured toe, please???

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I love the title!!

Tink said...

You can ABSOLUTELY be a french-manicured toe! And I'll even throw in some free, naturally exfoliating sand.

You're welcome.

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Yay for creatively verbose sisters. This is fun! But I STILL don't really understand why I'm the Beezneez... or really what that even means.

I LOVE YOU!

Damsel said...

See here.

Mwah.